This morning I woke up to find that something was wrong with my blog. It all started when I noticed that my page rank was lost. This blog has previously a Page Rank of 3. It took years to build that rank and I was shocked to see it gone.
Upon investigating some more I realized that not only was my blog’s rank gone it was also deindexed by Google. How do I know it was deindexed? If you search my blog’s address “www.mommydiary.net” in google you will see all the blogs linked to this blog are there but you can’t see my homepage or any of my pages (except the site map).
I knew something was wrong for a long time. The problem was I was not a techie so I couldn’t pinpoint what it was. First, my posts took such a long time to get indexed. If I wrote a post today with the title “My Blog was Deindexed by Google and Bing,” normally it would show up in the search results if I search for that specific title at Google. But for some reason these past few months it would take longer and longer for my posts to show up in the search results.
When I first noticed this, I immediately called up my host to find why my posts were not getting indexed. To their credit they helped me for an hour checking everything with the server but they couldn’t figure out what was wrong. In the end they told me it was with Google and it was beyond their scope.
But now that Bing is not showing my results too I immediately knew I was not banned by Google because of my posts since it’s hardly possible that two search engines will ban me at once. So I investigated some more to find out what’s wrong with my blog.
Hubby immediately told me to deactivate all plugins which I did but I was at a loss what else to do. Fortunately, I stumbled upon this site, http://ismyblogworking.com. This site will help you find out the errors in your blog’s source code which you won’t be able to find out otherwise. For me who is not a techie this was heaven sent.
After typing my domain in the address bar it immediately declared in big red letters that my “blog is not working.” I clicked “More tools” to find what the problem was and it listed there all the things that were wrong. To make the story short, it was only fixed after I removed the old theme and replaced it with a new one. I also removed some of the stuff in my sidebar. After doing that my blog is now working. My Page Rank is gone but I’m hoping that it will return to its previous rank in a few weeks.
***Update – Less than a week after posting this one of the BC Bloggers noticed that my PR 3 is back. I checked and true enough after seeing N/A for two days it’s again PR 3. Thank you very much for all your concern. I’m glad my hunch was correct and everything now is back to normal.