Happy 8th Birthday, Z!

In a few days, it’s going to be Z’s 8th birthday! Hubby and I are so guilty. We don’t know why we keep on forgetting this very important occasion. Maybe it’s because we’re both so busy with work. Just the other day Z told me, “Mommy, did you know that it’s going to be my birthday next Monday?”

I paused to think. Is it really true that he’s going to be eight in a few days? My, he’s already grown up. I still can remember the first time I clumsily held him in my arms. I didn’t know a thing about babies. I was raised alone with no siblings so it was literally the first time I had to take care of a baby. It was hard at first but we survived. haha!

And now he’s already a big boy. The past few days he has been sporting a fever. I had to bring him to the doctor for a checkup. Good thing he only needs antibiotics. But I made sure I wrapped him in a Donna Sharp quilt so he doesn’t get cold at night. He now sleeps on his own bed, by the way, but the past few days he wanted to sleep in our bed. I didn’t mind because I know these days are numbered. Soon he would never want to get in the same bed with us.

Anyway, we asked him what he wanted for his birthday. I wondered if he would like a Jollibee party. His answer surprised me. He said he just wanted a chocolate cake for his birthday.

He’s really matured now. I am so proud of him. I know he will turn into a fine young man someday. His dream is to build his own car someday. So full of hope and promise. Happy birthday my dear Z! You are so much loved and don’t ever doubt that.

29 thoughts on “Happy 8th Birthday, Z!

1. Maan

Wow, happy birthday, Z! Even though my Y is still a little baby, I know I have to grab every single moment with him because sooner or later, he will be a big boy na, just like your son. God bless you! :-)

2. Louise D. Fandino

Happy 8th birthday to your son. I remember my eldest who as soon as he turned 8, he has shown a big difference from when he was 7. you’re right, he became more matured and you realize that he’s really no longer a baby anymore. Wait til he’s 9 then 10. And he does still want to sleep in our room too. I keep on hugging him still for as long as he wants me too. =)

3. Marie

Happy Birthday, Z! Time moves fast! One minute they are little babies. Now, they are big boys! I sometimes hesitate calling my seven year old “my little boy” na…I miss those days when I can carry him haha

4. KRIZZA

Happy Birthday Z! Your Mom and Dad love you so much and you are just so lucky to have them. He’s a matured boy indeed as most of the children would request for big parties but he didn’t. Good boy Z!

5. Pinay R.

Happy birthday, Z! I also remember the time my son would say we wanted to invite all his classmates and suddenly, when he was also older, he said he didn’t want to invite anybody anymore…

6. ElizOF

Wishing your son peace and blessings.. Eliz (bc blogger)
    Happy Birthday to you! :-)
    ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜
    ¸¸.•*¨*•░H░A░P░P░Y░(¯`’•.¸ *♥♥♥* ¸.•’´¯) ░B░I░R░ T░H░D░A░Y░ (¯`’•.¸*♥♥♥*¸.•’´¯) Hope you enjoy YOUR special day!
    ║╚╦═╦═╦═╦╦╗ ║╚╦═╦═╦═╦╦╗ ║╚╦╦═╣╚╣╚╦╝╠═╦╦╗
    ║║║╬║╬║╬║║║ ║║║╬║╬║╬║║║ ║╬║║╔╣╔╣║║╬║╬║║║
    ╚╩╩╩╣╔╣╔╩╗║ ╚╩╩╩╣╔╣╔╩╗║ ╚═╩╩╝╚═╩╩╩═╩╩╩╗║
    ¸.•*¨*•.♪♫♫♪Happy Birthday .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ♥Happy Birthday to youuuuu ♪♫•*¨*•.¸.•*¨*•♫
    ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

7. promding chamimay

awww…. smart kid you have there… and your post suddenly made me sad… im enjoying every second i have with my 1yr old but i spend most of the time at work… shocks baka bigla akong magising 8yrs old na rin tapos aayaw na ring tumabi sa amin…

He has a big dream, and many more that he will dream of. The fulfillment of those lies in how you encourage and support him and of course his own determination.