Guitar Shopping.

My husband’s job involves reviewing anything guitar related like amplifiers, guitar apps, software, and of course guitars. Since he is a musician at heart this job is perfect for him. It also helps that he is doing this at home so we are always together.

To be honest I am happy with my husband’s job but there is one disadvantage. Since he’s always up to date with the latest guitar related products he can’t help but want to buy the latest things all the time. Sometimes I would walk into his office and find him “salivating” over the latest guitar app or worse the latest guitar release. Proof of this is he has bought himself a new guitar last month and now is even thinking of buying this guitar.

Anyway, I don’t mind as long as he’s happy. To his credit, he keeps his shopping in check most of the time.

19 thoughts on “Guitar Shopping.

1. Jhari

Guys will always have the passion for instruments no matter what, right Mommy Paula? But I wonder my husband is not fond of it at all hahah! Abnormal ata ito LOL!

CE 12/11

2. Louise D. Fandino

Same here, my hubby is also a guitarist and a percussionist too. Though he loves music so much he doesn’t really go into shopping much because he has a best friend who runs a music store. He gets some for free! :)

3. Lalah

Your husband is very lucky to have a job that he loves. I’m planning to surprise hubby with a guitar but is very clueless about it. What’s your husband’s website I’m sure I can learn a lot from him :)

4. promding chamimay

i can imagine…parang equivalent ng shopaholic behavior ng mga girls… :-) hehehe pero i guess kahit ideny ng mga boys ang ganung behavior and always say girls ang ganun but sila when it comes to their gadgets/loves e mas matindi pa sa girls…hehehe :D

I remember how my mom would react when my dad says he’s planning to buy a guitar. My mom would take the hint that he has actually already bought a guitar lol!

6. Pinay R.

There comes a time in our lives when we already work that somehow, we can now afford to indulge in our passions like photography, art and in his case music and guitars. Most likely, he can get discounts anyway. Just think of it this way… at least he doesn’t have vices which are bad for the health! (I guess)

7. Jovell

Your post is funny Paula :)…Well boys will be boys and they always love toys! It’s so nice that you and your husband are both working at home. I’m still trying to convince my husband to look into his options for freelancing but he’s still not up for the change. I do hope in time…:)

8. Mys

That’s great for your husband, he is up to date with information. My husband is also that way when it comes to things he like. He loves to research about them and is tempted to do shopping but he saves up for them and lets me buy them because I’m the online shopper.

9. Phil

Keeping him busy and happy is great. The Guitar is one instrument that I started to learn but then found I was a better sportsman than a musician.

This said as I grow older I may re-visit the guitar and complete the learning process