Shopping for Costumes this Halloween

We went shopping for Halloween costumes last weekend. The last time I shopped for costumes like these is three years ago. Back then there were not so many costumes and the good ones were expensive so I prepared myself to for a disappointment. But times have changed because when we arrived at SM Bicutan we were greeted with lots and lots of different Halloween costumes. Whether your kids want to become scary monsters or mysterious clairvoyants doing psychic readings they won’t have any problem looking for the costume they want. So we excitedly picked out the ones we liked best and went to the fitting room to try it out on the kids.

Kuya Z had his heart set out on one particular costume ever since he was a little kid. He didn’t get to try that one because mommy and daddy chose the cowboy costume instead. But now that he is bigger we allowed him to make his own choice.

Tadaa! He was now transformed into a cunning Ninja!

My first and only choice for Zack was the Captain America costume. He tried it on and it fitted like a glove. Mommy was so excited for baby’s first Halloween!

After picking the outfits for the kids we shopped some more. But horrors of all horrors, when we were about to pay we found out that Ate Rose gave back the Capt. America costume by mistake to the sales attendant while we were checking for new shoes. I hurriedly ran to retrieve it just as the attendant was giving it to another mother who beat me to the costume. The attendant said it was the last piece for that size so we had to go back to the fitting room to try to find a new one for Zack.

He tried on the King costume but the collar irritated him.

Next came the vampire costume but he wanted nothing to do with the cape.

Then came the giraffe costume which we almost bought. Doesn’t he looked cute in that?

Finally came the dinosaur costume but by that time he was already tired and cranky and very hungry! Daddy loved this costume so we bought this.

I decided to just let him wear the costume since he’s already unruly so he was wore it all over the mall.

Here is the cute dinosaur eating at McDonalds.

Here he is going wild after filling his tummy.

Finally, he saw something he liked and decided to stop.

Kuya showing the newest addition to his car collection.

It was a good thing we let him wear the costume because last Monday he didn’t make a fuss and behaved splendidly at their Halloween party.

We took this picture before they went to Jollibee for their trick-or-treat.

Happy Halloween!

25 thoughts on “Shopping for Costumes this Halloween

1. Marie

Halloween costumes are sooo cute these days. I remember just putting on a trench coat covering my head so I would look headless, because halloween costumes are so hard to find back then

He looked so cute in all those costumes! Even if you didn’t get the first choice, you still bought the best one of the bunch, I think :)

Really sis, coz that’s my hubby’s choice. I didn’t believe him it when he said it looked cute. I only realized it after seeing him prancing in his suit all over the mall.

Really sis, coz that’s my hubby’s choice? I didn’t believe him it when he said it looked cute. I only realized it after seeing him prancing in his suit all over the mall. Maybe I should listen to hubby more ofte. hehehe

3. Rose

It is so much fun being around so many kids to celebrate the same thing. The fun of Halloween starts as soon as we start shopping for costumes? When does it end? When the kids stop insisting on getting into their costumes EVERYDAY! :)

4. tet

really cute costume. it’s good that people don’t just categorized halloween with spooky outfits. I like the ninja outfit Looks so coolMiss Paula!

5. Claudine

The little dinosaur is too adorable for words!

I shouldn’t be comparing husbands but I wish my husband would also go shopping with us too. He has a very short fuse for shopping; he wants to buy the first thing he finds and wouldn’t bother to look for better options.

6. Meikah Delid

Enjoy Halloween and getting costumes for your kids now! My boys don’t like to wear costumes anymore. They don’t even want to go trick or treat. LOL They’ve grown up so fast! :D

7. Olga

Definitely there are more choices for costumes this year. :) We didn’t buy any for the kids though as their costumes last year still fit them well. Plus the school also encouraged parents to be creative and resourceful in making costumes so we ended up making a tutu from scrap paper tissue for our little fairy and a pirate hat out of felt paper for our little matey. :)

8. Pearl

I miss celebrating the Halloween with my kids :-) Now that they’re older, they don’t want to wear costumes anymore… your kids are so cute in their costumes… it’s nice that you were able to celebrate with them :-)

9. Terry

Cute baby in dinosaur costume! Don’t we just love the preschool years of our kids? We can dress them with cute costumes and take lots of pictures plus our kids do not complain because they just enjoy the whole thing.

10. promding chamimay

awwww ang cute nya sa captain america!!!! sayang naman… hehehe pero he looks cute too with the dinasour… hehehe ok na rin cguro dahil kids that age lang ang cute pa tingnan sa mga dinasour or any animal costumes… later he will have his captain america hehehe :D

11. Riza

Cute costumes, though as a Christian, I do not allow my kids to join these kinds of parties or Halloween celebration because we have a different conviction. But I would allow them to dress up on different occasions just not halloween. :)

12. WAHM Blog

Hi Mommy Paula! Your kids are so adorable. :) I like the Captain America costume better pero sige na nga, Daddy na namili eh. Hihi. When it comes to my son’s clothes, my husband also has the final say.