Late Breakfast at Tropical Hut Sucat

On the way to the guitar doctor we passed by Tropical Hut in Sucat and decided to have a late breakfast there. Even though Tropical Hut is not as popular as before but we still like going here sometimes. What I like about Tropical Hut is the things on their menu that Jollibee or McDo don’t have.

Like this clubhouse sandwich which Z and I both love. There are four pieces there originally.

Hmm, my first born is looking more like me as he grows older.

Zack blended well in this yellow high chair. He’s the real reason why we had to stop by at Tropical Hut at 10am. I told you he was not finishing his food the past two weeks. That day he didn’t eat his breakfast. Since I have an issue with kids not eating breakfast I begged hubby to stop. Sulit naman coz look how happy he was after.

Anyway, after this we went to the guitar doctor and then to SM. We should have gone straight home had I known what would happen there. Hubby and I just got into a fight.

I wanted to buy Zack new shoes because he lost his shoes last April. We were on our way to a family reunion then when I realized he only had one shoe on. The other one was lost in a fastfood at NLEX. We bought him sandals to replace this but last week he lost that too.

When we got to the department store I roamed around the shoe section to find the style I like. I found two so I asked the attendant to get both in Zack’s size. Zack tried it on and we liked one of the two pairs. I thought it was perfect and wanted to buy it right on the spot. But surprise, hubby wanted it one size bigger. So the attendant came back with a bigger size only to find out it has a little damage which hubby refused to buy. To top it off, it was the last pair in that size. So hubby wanted me to roam some more and find another pair. I didn’t want to do it because Zack was already cranky. At the same time Z was also trying our patience because hubby suggested he can get his own too. But the shoes for older kids are in another area and he wanted to go there right away. Both hubby and Z left us to go there, the salesman got frustrated and asked for the shoes back. I didn’t want to give it to him because I already had my heart set on it but I got frustrated too so I just gave it back. We followed hubby and Z was trying on shoes only to declare in the end that he wouldn’t buy anymore coz he can’t find shoes he likes. So it’s one frustrating event after another that got us all frustrated. Even now while I’m typing this my head is spinning and I’m getting a headache. *sigh

Anyway, we kissed and made up a few hours later. Looking back I realized I have to be more obedient to my husband and I must not get attached to little shoes even though they’re so cute and adorable. haha!

This is also the reason why I think shopping online is the future. Whether it’s shopping for shoes or hip hop clothes it’s truly easier if you do it online. Hay, shopping is so stressful!

68 thoughts on “Late Breakfast at Tropical Hut Sucat

1. Filman Santiago

On the other note, mahirap din maging tatay lalo na pag ang nanay minsan ay pasaway. LOL! Kidding, was just doing some rhyming there. But really, I love reading Paula’s line “Anyway, we kissed and made up a few hours later. Looking back I realized I have to be more obedient to my husband and I must not get attached to little shoes” (or make that things). :) That’s a good example Paula worth emulating by others mothers. :)

Wait, I will relay that line to my wife. hehehe…

Cheers!

Hahaha! Well, I think every wife knows deep inside they have to be obedient and we try but it’s just so hard to do that it looks like we’re not trying. LOL!

1. Kristen

I agree, minsan lang. hee hee di na ako mag bbash kasi Father’s day bukas. Haha :D

And yes, madaming items na nasa Tropical Hut na wala sa ibang fast food stores!

1. Pretty Kat

Lol… Your little boy is like Cinderella pala…well, nangyari din yan one time sa baby ko, umuwi kami ng bahay na isa na lang ang shoes nya hehe.

Anyway, we used to eat at Tropical Hut Sucat when we were still in Manila. My aunt lives in Posadas Village, at Tropical Hut kaagad ang takbo namin ng pinsan ko if gusto naming kumain sa labas.. hehe

Happy Independence Day

Oo nga parang Cinderella lang ang peg. haha!
      Sana nga meron din malapit sa amin. Kakasawa na kasi ang Jollibee!

2. Olga

I feel you, sis! Hubby and I also had a squabble when we went shopping for the kids’ shoes a couple of weeks ago. I wanted cutesy shoes for my little princess and he wanted functional ones. We ended up not buying any shoes for our daughter that day.

Thanks, Olga. Ang hirap pag hindi nasusunod ang gusto natin for our little ones. Pero I realize now after doing this blog post na may point nga siya. hehe

3. michi

favorite ko yung spag ng tropical hut. like you, i’m not a submissive wife but i’m trying and learning to be one. hehe! about the shoe, may experience din kami na naiwan yung shoes ng anak ko sa house naman and nakapaa tuloy siya sa starbucks and yung isa naman nakaslippers siya sa debut tapos formal ang event. tsk tsk tsk.

4. January

if only palakain ang anak ko kahit araw-arawin pa sa fast food ok lang basta kumain lang sya kaso ayaw eh.. sobrang mapili sa pagkain.. hayz! :)

Gosh, ganyan din ang panganay ko. Five years kami nag-aaway sa hapagkainan. hehe
      The good news is it will pass. Pag lake nyan wala ka na problem. :)

5. Lalah

haaaaay it’s so hard to be a mom noh? next time, don’t bring hubby along ahahahha… Patience on shopping? Men are short of it.

You’re so right, Lalah! That’s why I’m so tempted to shop online and just send him the bill after. hahaha!

6. Lady

Wow reading it here is also frustrating. I bet I’m going to have a lot of these in the future.
    I’m a bit stubborn you see ^-^;

Also isn’t it hard to bring kids in the mall? Because they point things for you to buy?

When we only had our eldest, we had no problem at all. He’s a bit spoiled, he doesn’t even need to point coz Daddy will volunteer to buy what he wants. If he said he doesn’t like to buy any toy that day, his Dad would insist he still buy until he agrees. haha!
      But now that we have two kids and a house that overflows with toys, Daddy is a bit hesitant coz he knows he already bought that same toy and it’s somewhere in the house. So now the youngest makes the pointing and already knows how to throw a tantrum when his Dad refused to buy it. haha!

7. Eds

Wow! may tropical hut p pla sa inyo.. here sa amin wala na. Minsan tlga we need to sacrifice for our kids and for our husband as well. lol! :)

8. sarah

It never really entered my mind to bring kids in the mall just so they can fit their shoes . I prefer to get their sizes and buy them with enough allowance as kids grow up so fast. When they were old enough to behave with just one word of warning, it was then that I finally decided it was about time for me to bring them to choose for themselves. Besides, I am already loony just being home with all of them. It would be best for all of us to behave while we are at the mall, or else the security guard might just get crazy seeing me grumpy with all my monsters.

Thank you for the word of wisdom, Sarah! You’re the pro, I don’t know how you can manage 7 kids when we already can’t handle these two.
      Now if you could tell my hubby that then I would be forever grateful. haha!

9. Greg Weber

I also have 2 kids, a boy and a girl. She’s almost 12 and he’s 9. She has this thing about shoes! She doesn’t really care much about clothes except for shoes, and she’s constantly on the lookout for more and nags me to buy them for her.

I finally had to draw the line and tell her 6 pairs of shoes since Christmas is plenty! She was NOT a happy camper!

He mother was also shoe-obsessed. Maybe that’s where she gets it from?

Yes, the hunt for the perfect shoe continues. haha!
      We try not to sleep on the problem, Mitch. It took a while but I think we’re getting better at it.

10. allan

You are right, what I really like at tropical hut is their menu that are not in other fast foods. Also, their gravy is safe for our Muslim/Islam brothers/sisters becuase it has no pork or any part of it in there.
    Shopping? It is exciting but true, tiring. Me and my wife sometimes have this situation, sometimes, I easily get loss my patience following her where she go just to see some items to buy.
    Is that really a trait of ladies? Buying a single item will spend them roaming all around the department store.

Unfortunately, that’s true Allan. I think all ladies are like this. I’m much worst coz I can spend half an hour at a store and then come out with nothing to buy. It drives my husband nuts but I can’t help it. hehe

11. Mai

i agree! online shopping is the best way to buy stuff. Plus, you can get away with buying stuff that hubby doesn’t know. joke! I eman like gifts for him. You don’t have to secretly go to the mall to buy him gifts. :)

12. Bonzenti | Con tour Blog

Oftentimes, in terms of a better design shoes for my kids, I will let my wife choose the best one. I only give comments of the design. I sometimes suggest a step bigger to the actual size of the feet of my kids for next year’s school days, that if the shoes are still usable. Para tipid ika nga.:-). Mahirap din kayang mag hanap ng ibang pair lalong lalo na last pair na siya.:-).

13. miekee_18

nakakaloka naman! shoes palang magulo na..Kaya kami pag mag shashopping kami we made it a point na may plans kami like mauuna muna pumili ng dress after nun saka tayu pupunta sa shoe section, pero mas gusto ko naman na kasama ko hubby mamili ang hirap kasi magdecide kapag ako lang, there was an instance I bought a bag not knowingly na hinid kasya yung mga books ng kambal I didnt thought that nursery already has lots of books, so what happen we buy again a bigger bag.. atleast if hubby was there we will both decide, walang sisihan hehe:) sakit sa ulo lalo na po sainyo boys in different ages pa naman.

14. jellybelly

I do like Tropical Hut better than other fastfoods. I remember when I was little, it wasn’t a fastfood then but a real restaurant. My favorite was a big hamburger served on china with silver knife and spoon. It was such a treat for me then.

15. Rochelle

Looks like being a mom is really hard, well as they usually says! I never thought shopping could be that stressing! hehe! Hope he’ll find the right fit.

16. Spanish Pinay

hay, si hubby talaga oh! hehe sige na nga hindi kita gagatungan :-D

naku these past few weeks yan din ang problem ko with our little one… ayaw kumain in general most especially breakfast. ang hirap maging nanay!!

Spanish Pinay

17. monleg

I also love to eat at tropical hut from time to time. there’s one inside the quezon memeorial circle which i usually visit whenever i run inside the sprawling public park.

18. anne lei

sis i know your sentiments. my husband has a hard time looking for his shoes that we ended up looking for different stalls. lol. we really need patience and obedience for them. lol

19. Clint

Tropical Hut isn’t that popular anymore but it is one of the place my friends and I visit whenever we wanted to eat because a few number of people only eats here. They have good food too thought it was like normal to any fast food restaurant. Ugh! Shopping is really stressful. That’s why I tend to shop alone, really. I more like to do it with no one with me.

20. reese

love to read this kind of stuff – family bonding time, settling a couple’s petty dis-agreement; nakakapick-up ng lesson hahaha

In fairness sa Tropical Hut, mukhang going strong naman sila. I like their spaghetti too. Minsan dun din ako kumakain para maiba naman :)

22. seth

Hirap talagang mamili pag kasama mo ang mga kids esp. their age. Minsan kami ni hubby ganyan din nagkakainisan and ang the end wala kaming nabili. hehehe..

About sa tropical hut naman, once ako pinakain ni hubby dyan and nagustuhan namin ang anak ko yung spaghetti nila and yung garlic bread. Too bad di sya kasing accessible tulad ng famous fast food chains na kahit san ka tumingin andun sila.

23. rachelle

what i miss in tropical hut is their macaroni salad. the taste of onion made it perfect for me.
    it’s really hard to get shoes for the kids especially when they grow tired of fitting. I let my kids choose and i buy them depending on the price of course.

24. nelsonRN

Nice to hear that you kissed and made up after that misunderstading. I wish both of you a lifetime of happiness together.
    Btw, I like Tropical Hut too :)

25. kath

minsan madali rin kami mag-kainisan ni hubby sa sobrang petty na bagay..makulit din kase ako :D i’m trying my best pa din to be more obedient! :)

26. Mommy Maye

We also like eating at tropical hut but I haven’t bring my son there. Wala kasi malapit na tropical hut dito. Anyway, minsan pag pareho na stress nagkakaroon ng konting friction between husband and wife but at the end of the day naman those petty fights are being resolve. Kung hindi, sa sahig sila matulog, haha :)

27. Cristine

We love Tropical Hut! The burgers taste good. Too bad your shopping didn’t turn out well. I do our family’s grocery shopping alone most of the time. I’m also comfortable buying stuff for my kids all by myself. It is stressful having to debate on what to buy pa kasi.

28. Pearl

We also used to have Tropical Hut near our place, but unfortunately, it was demolished just last year. My family was a bit surprised because it has been there for so many years, and despite being an old restaurant, we still see a lot of people patronizing it, especially because it was open 24 hours. It’s good that you still have it near your place because you’re right, they have some items on their menu which we don’t find in either McDonald’s or Jollibee.

29. Daddy Yashiro

Well we really need to do budgeting when it comes to buying things. Sometimes we think that it is necessary but we should think of what is needed.

I missed eating at Tropical. When we were still BF/GF we used to have our date at a Tropical Hut in a mall near our place. It’s more of a budget meal for teens.

30. redamethyst

we like eating at tropical from time to time, I especially like the clubhouse as well and their spaghetti.

at the end of the day, shoes is not really important :)

31. jared's mum

i must agree! shopping is really so stressful, especially when you do it with other people. it will be easier if you go on your own, less hassle + less argument.

i love tropical hut + the clubhouse sandwich is my fave! it has been ages since i’ve gone to one.

32. verna

Your first born looks like you nga. It’s as if you’re in the photo din. I know its not like I’ve seen you na rin in person, but I’ve seen some of your photos naman.

33. Tin

Good wifey! Hehehe.. just buy the shoes when Hubby’s not around! Just kidding. There’s wisdom in getting a bigger pair but will it be comfortable? Some kids can’t walk straight bec of their shoes..

Anyway, your sons are getting bigger by the minute! You’re blessed :D

34. Sumi

It’s been a while since I’ve been to Tropical Hut.. Namiss ko rin tuloy.. :) Anyway, stressful nga ang magshopping for kids. Actually, ngayon ko lang narealize that my mom must’ve been stressed out and frustrated too when we were kids going on shopping trips. Napansin ko kasi, laging nagmamadaling makapamili na agad.

35. Gelo

It’s true online shopping is the future of shopping, most specially if you are a totally busy person and don’t have time to go personally on the shopping spots. I like buying online, most specially if they offer free delivery :)

36. Lizzie

Haha. Need to be more obedient. :) Yeah, girls have to. But you’ve got a lovely family to bond at times like this. It’s nice to dine out together.

37. Cheryll Farb

In areas which had access to coastal or tidal waters, ‘fast food’ would frequently include local shellfish or seafood, such as oysters or, as in London, eels. Often this seafood would be cooked directly on the quay or close by….

Newly released short article coming from our own blog site
    <http://www.melatoninfaq.com/