Fresh from the Guitar Doctor

Hubby came home excited yesterday. He has been wanting to have his “vintage” Fender guitar fixed and at last the guitar doctor called and said it was now good as new. So after work he drove quickly to Paranaque and broke some laws in the process.

You see, in his excitement he forgot that his car was coding that day. Some parts of Paranaque are now under color coding so it was good he was not caught. haha!

But I can understand how he feels. To say he loves his guitars is an understatement. Sometimes I even get jealous when they’re all nicely seated in our sofa leaving me with no space left to take a seat.

Anyway, so he came home with his precious guitar. He took it out of the case and tried to take a picture.

Unfortunately, he found out it was not only he who was excited. His two little boys were just as excited as he was!

Kuya wanted to hold it.

Naturally, the baby wants his turn on his Dad’s precious guitar too.

Now after seeing how the boys love guitars and how expensive these things are, I might as well say bye bye to the baby dolls collectible toys I have been eyeing for me and our future baby girl. No, we’re not pregnant yet but I just like to be ahead of things. LOL!

55 thoughts on “Fresh from the Guitar Doctor

1. Belle

Hi Paula,

It’s nice to see kids interested in playing the guitar at such an early age. They really mimic what we, their parents say and do, so we need to be careful to be good models to them. I have 3, 2 girls and 1 boy. Having girls is alright but once they’re in their teens, like my eldest, I just can’t stop worrying. It’s hard to push the boys away :D

Belle – gosh, that’s the only thing I’m afraid of from having a girl. At least pag boys I don’t have to worry that much. I think that’s also the reason why hubby content with having all boys. hehe

2. Lady

Aww 2 boys! Is it hard raising boys?

I’m like you…already planning a future with baby girls~ baby dolls, pretty clothes and all that.

Lady – You know what, it’s easy coz they’re boys and they naturally gravitate to their Dad. Si hubby ang hirap imagine he has to teach them to play basketball every morning and guitar every afternoon. LOL!

But yun nga lang mas makulit talaga pag boys. Parang kiti kiti galaw ng galaw especially my youngest!

1. Laids

In the near future you will be having an “all boys band” in the family. I am just thinking, it’s good to introduce musical instruments to the kiddos at their young age. Is your youngest can play basic tune using a guitar?

Michi – Naku, ingat na ingat si hubby jan. My boys have learned that their Dad’s guitar is not a toy but they still can’t get their hands off it. haha!

3. Nice

I don’t know if it’s true but I noticed that most of the guitar players are also singers. Maybe the reason behind is that singers are accustomed with the right tune and and it is pretty easy for them to learn hoe to play the instrument. Admittedly, singing is not friendly to me LOL, a no matter how hard I try to learn how to play the guitar, I just can’t get it. So, I decided to just listen to my friends and enjoy their music.

Nice – if you’re near us you could have attended my hubby’s free guitar lessons. The kids learned a lot and they’re sad summer is almost over, they still want to learn more daw.

4. Mitchteryosa

Nice! Looks brand new! I’m sure your two boys will also show love for the music the soonest.

Would you believe that my hubby has almost the same guitar but he doesn’t know a single chord? Hahaha!

Mitch – Aww, sayang naman. It’s never too late to learn daw. Or maybe he can donate his guitar to my hubby. Nagkakaubusan na ng guitars dito.

5. Olga

Among Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences, my Musical Intelligence is the one that is least developed.:( I’m tone-deaf and totally can’t follow tempo. Huhuhu… It’s great though that my husband is blessed in this aspect and is able to teach the kids how to sing in tune and to play the guitar.
    He even bought our little girl an electric guitar last Christmas. So, like your soon-to-be praying-really-hard-for baby girl, my lil princess will be playing electric guitars and not baby doll collectibles. :D

I am partial to little boys than little girls, which is why I am thankful I have 3 adorable nephews. :-) One day, I’ll teach all of them how to play the guitar hehehe

7. Farida

Who knows your two boys might eventually play the same instrument once they see their Daddy creating music as he strums the strings of the guitar? :) This could also be a good bonding moment for your family and it would be nice too to see them performing on family reunions or in school gatherings. :)

Take care, Farida :)

8. Lalah

If you’re already planning for a baby girl, us naman, we are planning for a baby boy….

Your hubby and my hubby are the same when it comes to guitars, my friend said buti nalang guitars yung kinaaliwan kaysa mang babae… Tama :)

9. anne lei

sis, you might be interested to make a family band. lol. nakakatuwa naman. im sure, your sons will be a good musician, especially the bunso, umiyak pa.

10. Kristen

I’m sure your husband can now sleep soundly at night :D

I could imagine your challenges of raising boys. My girl who’s almost 3 is as rambunctious as a boy! I wonder how much more if she was a boy!

11. Gelo

oh, i have two lovely cute girls. it is good that they are not makulit unlike boys. good to hear that your hubby’s guitar has been fixed already

12. Daddy Yashiro

Hi Paula,

Having a guitar in the house can really make a good music especially together with the kids and if you’re little ones are eyeing to play that guitar, don’t stop them and let them be. Who know’s you might have a rockstar someday.

13. Shadz

Good thing your hubby’s guitar got fixed. It’s so much better to see your boys bonding over it. A family that makes music together, stays together. Hehe! :D

14. sarah

My kids love to learn how to play the guitar so they just self studied. I also learned on my own but had not been playing for a long time. Not all musicians are singers, and the other way around. Not all great musicians can sing well. It is a God given gift, And one is very lucky if one can sing well and play a musical instrument at the same time.

I really hope one day we could meet .

15. Pearl

My son loves playing guitar and I’m proud to say that he didn’t have any formal lessons, he just learned to read notes by himself.

16. allan

Nice to hear some kids really wants to engage in music. It was also good to see kids playing musical instruments, some are better than the oldies.

17. theresa

you have cute little kids sis! Ienroll mu na sila sa guitar lessons.. or ur hubby can teach them.. I started practicing all by myself at 18 when I was just borrowing my cousin’s guitar and trying to strum unconditionally. I didn’t had formal lesson. Baka one day, magulat k na lng rockstar na cla.. :)))

I can almost imagine how your hubby was really excited about the guitar, it must have been so infectious that the kids got in on it too! Is he teaching your eldest how to play soon? :)

Oh, I want a Fender too!

19. Samantha Lee

That’s one cool guitar! You won’t have to pay on guitar lessons anymore. My hubby does play drums, but not guitars. So, we had to settle for paid lessons next year since he’s very much interested.

20. Yannie

Obviously, your boys are music lover. I want to learn how to play guitar. I know some few guitar chords but I find it hard to strum. My bf will just laugh at me. he taught me but it just that music is not my forte.

21. Taylor

It’s great that your boys share their father’s love of music. I can see why that guitar is special to your hubby. It’s beautiful

22. reese

i love guitar…but i don’t know how to play it, my dad and brother does
    pang-bonding talaga ang guitar, my family habitually sing our fave songs with an accompaniment of guitar

23. Jona

No space left for you, heeheehee:D

Tell me, does Daddy S let them touch his precious guitars or he’s not looking while these pics were taken? That’s a nice white Fender :)

Jona – He’s the one who took the photos. I actually pity him. There’s not much he can do. He’s outnumbered now, you know.

24. jackie

Hahahaha I can relate to this. Last night my hubby played with his guitar and I can see how our 4-month old son seems to look so excited LOL!