Last January, I finally decided to open an account at Citiseconline which is now called COL Financial Philippines. I admit I was hesitant at first. I have zero knowledge of the stock market. It was only after joining Bo’s Truly Rich Club that I realized anyone can invest in the stock market.
So after our Bohol vacation, me and my seven year old went to COL Financial’s office at Ortigas. My experience there is definitely life changing. COL Financial has made a breakthrough in making stock market investing affordable and easy to the ordinary Filipino.
Here are four reasons why opening an Account at COL Financial Philippines is fast and easy and why you can do it too.
- It only takes P5,000 to open an account. Under their Easy Investment Program you can open your account for as little as P5,000. For our initial deposit I raided my kids’ piggy bank. Together the two of them have saved P6,000 of money gifts that their generous grandparents and godparents have given them for Christmas. Instead of putting the money in the bank where it will earn less than 1% interest I decided it will be better off invested in stocks where it can earn an average of 10%. If my two little kids can save enough for an initial deposit then I’m sure you can do it too.
- The only requirement you need to bring is your ID. To open an account, you need to bring a government issued ID and its photocopy. I brought along my driver’s license. Other types of ID you can bring are Passport, SSS ID, Senior Citizen ID, and Voter’s ID.
- It only takes 30 minutes of your time to open at account at COL Financial. We arrived at their office at the Philippine Stock Exchange in Ortigas at around 10:00 am. By 10:30 am we were on our way out. Yes, it was that quick. The staff entertained us immediately. We signed a few pages of paper, handed our initial deposit, and we were done!
- You don’t have to go to COL Financial’s office to open an account. I know OFWs and people living in the province are wondering if they can also invest through COL Financial. The answer is yes! All you need to do is submit a photocopy of your valid ID plus a billing statement (Meralco bill, water bill, or credit card statement just to name a few) under your name. Don’t forget to download and sign the Customer Account Information Form, Online Securities Trade Agreement Form and the Signature Cards. You can send these requirements via LBC. Once they receive your documents you will receive an email from them stating that your documents are in order. Fund your account through online banking (BPI, BDO, and Metrobank) and you’re on your way to buying your first stock.
Before we left the building I took my son’s photo. I don’t know if he understood what investing means just yet but that day he became one of the youngest investors in the stock market. I hope he can inspire you that investing in stocks is for everyone and if he can do it then so can you.
* First Time to Buy Stocks at Citiseconline