After months of searching online looking for the best travel deals, we have finally found a place to call home for our 7-day trip to Bohol.
Dao Diamond Hotel is a quaint hotel in Tagbilaran city. We decided to stay in a hotel in the middle of the city compared to a resort accommodation near the beach for these reasons:
1. Cheaper Bohol accommodation. We can save as much as 30% on accommodations if we stay in a hotel in the city. They even gave us a 10% discount because we’ll be staying there for a week. Yey!
2. Closer to convenience. Dao Diamond offers a free ride to the nearest mall. We have a 1 year old with us and we feel better knowing we can rush to the mall whenever he needs something (or when we miss the city. haha!) Staying in Panglao beaches will not provide you with these luxuries.
3. Free airport transfers. Panglao beach resorts can charge you up to P1000 for airport transfers alone. Since Dao Diamond Hotel is near the airport, they can afford to pick you up for free.
4. Hot shower and no salty water from the faucet! I heard some Panglao beaches have salty water coming out from their faucets. Uh-oh, I’m definitely not prepared to deal with that for a whole week.
5. 100% of their profit will benefit the deaf. This was a surprise for us. Dao Diamond is owned and operated by International Deaf Education Organization. Most of their employees are deaf/mute people. Maybe Z and I can learn a few words in sign language before going. It makes us happy that we can help them somehow by patronizing their hotel.
Aside from these five reasons, there are also other important things like back up generator (very important just in case!) and free use of swimming pool. Their rate includes free breakfast which we can have delivered to our room. I really am looking forward to eating in their lovely room while being seated on window seat cushions. Who wants to wake up early and get dressed just to go out for breakfast anyway?
We will be visiting the famous beaches during the day. We plan to see the famous Bohol Beach Club and Panglao Island Nature Resort. I’m hoping we can rent a car instead of going on a tour. It will be more convenient in the long run because we have a baby who won’t follow any schedule!
Unfortunately hubby’s hesitant to drive in unfamiliar roads. I assured him it’ll surely be easier compared to the roads in Metro Manila. Anyway, we will decide on this after we get to go around the city on our first day.
What do you think? Do you think it’ll be easy for us to find the tourist spots in Bohol all by ourselves?
There is a great saving of maternity coats, yellow jackets and special sport coat at our online shopping store. You considered it, as lifestyle brand after getting it. You can also seek out our best motorcycle rain gear along with fabulous driving gloves there.