I Cried Last Night

…when I found out we were moving asap.  Hubby’s childhood home is now vacant and is available for us to live for free.  I should be happy, right but instead I cried.  I realized living here for three years means we have definitely planted our roots here.  There, my tears are creeping up again.  We love our apartment, we love our subdivision, we love the playground, we love Z’s school, we love our neighbors, and we love the fact that hubby’s work is just 30 minutes away.  Most of all we love our church, Z’s Sunday school, and our pastor who gives such inspirational talks that turned me, who was not a church goer, look forward to going to church every Sunday.  I hate the fact that we’re leaving it all behind and I hate the fact that hubby’s work is going to be an hour away.  It’s so hard to be leaving our life behind and that’s why I cried.

Anyway, I know this is just temporary and I don’t want to sound ungrateful to the blessing God has given us.  The perks are we don’t have to pay for rent every month anymore, we will be closer to my hubby’s relatives, and Z would have the privilege to know all his relatives from his Dad’s side of the family.  We can finally settle down permanently and not move from apartment to apartment.  So it’s not that bad really!  I just got emotional about the changes that will be happening.

It’s funny really God’s timing for everything.  I was mainly worried how I was going to be climbing up and down our rickety stairs when my tummy gets big and now that we’re moving I guess my problem is solved.  I also want to give birth at the same maternity clinic where I gave birth to Z five years ago and now that we’re moving back there I don’t have to worry anymore about the distance.  Yesterday, we almost bought Z new uniforms because we thought he was still going to his old school but for some reason we didn’t.  Just goes to show we really don’t know what God’s plan for us is.  Of course, the house is old and needs renovations but at least we can save up for that.

Thank you, Lord for the blessing you gave us.  Don’t mind silly old me crying my heart out last night – it’s just that you took us by surprise.  I have visions of Z growing up here. We wanted to live here forever even though we’re just renting.  LOL! Seriously, while other people were praying for a house of their own, I was praying for, not a house but our own profitable business (so we can buy a house after, hehe).  But thank you so much for this unexpected blessing, Lord.  We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

12 thoughts on “I Cried Last Night

1. Kerslyn

wow! that’s great new sis! such a great blessing! don’t worry about the church, may car naman kau eh so u can still go in the same church. wish ko lang rin we won’t be renting anymore…or if may house na kami, we won’t be paying the monthly amortization.

BTW, si Thirdie nga yung pinanganak noong October sis. d sya matangkad pero laki ng built nya. d na sya puppy tingnan. ugly duckling na. waaa!!!! sana d na sya lumaki para cute pa rin sya.

2. Connie

I can very much relate to this. My family and I moved to my husband’s parents’ home last year. I still miss the other house which we rented for 3 years. I hold so many memories there. But I guess I’ll have to set aside the sentiments for a while and think of the future.

This old house is nearly crumbling and needs a lot of repairs. I’m hoping that another year of stay can help us save for our own home.

3. mama

oh wow! that is very nice. i have always wanted to have of our own but i guess for now, God is withholding that. i am living with my in-laws. we are happy here but of course as a wife, there is always that longing to be the queen of my own home. good for you.

yeah. sometimes, we get emotional but that too will pass. God bless you girl1 :D

4. Vernz

so good to hear someone is moving … should I cry too … for not moving .. want to get out of here LOL… anyway… that’s best for preggy like you Pau… all the best…

5. AC

aww… congrats Mommy Pau! And realizing God’s plans despite of your sadness is such a good thought… you’ll be adjusting in no time…Enjoy!!!

6. analou

I can’t blame you not feeling sad upon knowing that you’re going to move. It’s hard to leave the place that’s been the witness of your happiness and sadness for years. I feel the same way too. It’s hard but life is never been constant…Ika nga..Life is a constant change and I strong agree to that. I am sure you will be able to like the new place you have because of all the good things you have mention in your post. Have a nice day…

7. MushaMommy

I’m not much of a mover too and it can be stressful, given your condition. Be thankful of your years in the apartment and I’m sure you’ll settle in your new home soon :) Good luck..

8. jade

I can imagine you how you must feel, but look on the bright side rent free na kayo! kaya lang di na kayo magkapitbahay ni Peh.

Hey but we’re still gonna meet in June right?

9. Bruce

10. Bambie

I feel you.. I’ll be sad din kapag nakahanap na si hubby ng malilipatan. But ironically, gusto ko na rin lumipat into more compact at condo-type na.. mahirap kasi ang up and down diba,lalo na for you na preggy. How’s your pregnancy? ANyway, take care and Im sure agad ka naman makakapag-adjust =)

11. nelson

moving out is such a difficult thing to do. when we moved to our present apartment last december, i also felt sad leaving behind the flat i used for one and a half years. i left behind some very nice neighbors too. but yeah, life has to go on.