It was last Sunday again and as usual before going home hubby and Z passed by Toy Kingdom to ogle at toys. That is normally my cue to do things I like looking at books at the nearby bookstores or do errands like looking for term life insurance quotes that we badly needed. On my way though I got sidetracked when this caught my eye:
I don’t know if this store has been standing here for a long. For some reason I didn’t notice it until last Sunday. Wondering what they are doing with the sugarcane? They put it inside this machine and squeeze it.
Then voila – freshly squeezed sugarcane juice.
Nope, I didn’t try it but after reading the health benefits from their site I might try it next time I pass by.
- Rich in carbohydrates
- Less calories than refined sugar or syrup
- Low glycemic index
- Reduces low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol level
- Provides energy and strength
- High in potassium, magnesium, calcium, and riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Contains antioxidants
- Keeps body hydrated
- Alleviates sore throat
- Prevents cold and flu
- Has wound healing properties
- Stimulates the immune system
- Has positive activity against breast and prostate cancer cells
- Produces gradual rise in blood sugar and insulin levels
- Good for digestion
- Strengthens the eyes, brain, heart, stomach, liver and sex organs
- Hastens recovery from jaundice
- Keeps urinary flow clear and helps the kidney to function properly
- Replaces protein loss from febrile episodes
Diabetics need not worry. Fresh, raw sugar cane juice does not only produce gradual rise in blood sugar and insulin levels, but it can also improve lipid levels among diabetics.
Weight – conscious, calorie counters need not feel guilty. Aside from having lesser calories than refined sugar and syrup, all – natural sugar cane juice extract contributes to weight management by controlling appetite and delaying hunger.
This was taken at SM Megamall but according to their multiply site they also have branches at SM Las Pinas, SM San Lazaro, and SM North Edsa.