We’re on the last stretch of our Kinder year. All the school work’s finished and we’re just eagerly waiting for the results of the final examinations. This week is practice week for the recognition. The actual recognition is inside a mall which is a relief because I’m not sure we’ll be able to bear this heat if we do it somewhere without aircon. Of course, there’ll be an added fee of P300 but I’d rather than have our sweaty faces preserved in eternity in pictures later.
So what have Z learned during Kinder?
- He learned to write his name but still not writing his surname.
- He learned to interact with a lot of children, a far cry from being at home surrounded with adults only.
- He learned to count from 1 to 100.
- He learned to add and subtract.
- He learned to read better – although I think I was the one who really taught him to read.
- He learned to take a test.
- Last but not the least, he learned to make friends.
I’m so happy I enrolled him there instead of homeschooling him like I previously planned. If our plans push through we’ll still be enrolling him in the same small school inside our village and then by the time he hits six I’m going to let him take the entrance exam at UPIS. I’m just curious if he’ll pass or not it’s a bit far from our place so we would have to relocate if by some chance he passes and we’ll decide to enroll him there.