I have been a stay-at-home mommy turned work-at-home mommy for three years now. I never thought I would last this long staying at home but I did and I’m happy I get to work and earn too without leaving my kid behind. Still, there are things that I miss about working in an office.
Here are the five things I miss about working in an office:
1. Benefits like SSS, medical insurance, and Pag-ibig. My current employers don’t give me those benefits. If I decided to continue then I have to pay it out of my own pocket.
2. Friends from the workplace. Nothing beats a warm and friendly office environment. Sometimes I feel so alone while working at home. I’m an introvert but I need someone to talk to sometimes too. Before I have to beg my husband to talk to me when he gets home and he’s too tired and wanted to sleep right away. Now, thanks to blogging I don’t feel so lonely anymore.
3. Eating out. Nothing is more fulfilling than eating out after a hard day’s work! My teammates and I used to go to Festival mall after our shift and just eat and pig out. You know how it was when you are with a big group of people and everyone starts asking, “Where are we going to eat?” and everyone would reply, “You decide.” My teammates can never decide so I would pipe in and say, “Let’s eat at Shakey’s.” They would agree with me grudgingly because they can’t decide. But after 3 consecutive eating out at Shakey’s because I am the only one who tells them my choice they finally said enough of Shakey’s already. LOL! That was my favorite. I love eating at Shakeys with them.
4. Getting free stuff like gift checks and promotional calenders and winning in office raffles and contest. I remember I won 2k at bingo sponsored event in our office. I can’t explain it but there’s a thrill that comes with winning something you didn’t work hard for or just simply getting something for free even if it’s small stuff. At home, I get no more freebies but now thanks to blogging I get free stuff too when I go to events. LOL!
5. Clothes, clothes, and more clothes. Oh, how I miss shopping for beautiful office clothes. I don’t have any reason any more to dress up and my wardrobe needs serious updating – I mean SERIOUS! Yes, that’s the thing I miss most about working in an office – it’s shopping for clothes. Not the friendship and the team builing or the benefits but the shopping. LOL! Just kidding!
Okay, that’s my list. I wanted to list out ten but I can’t thing of anything else. Maybe that means I’m still happy working at home. 🙂