I was looking around for a Goto Recipe. I wanted to serve some to add variety to our daily breakfast menu. Good thing I found a one that I really like. This recipe is great as, once you’ve done the preparation, it requires very little attention. This gives you plenty of time to make sure everyone’s awake, or even pay a quick visit to visit FoxyBingo before you enjoy your meal.
Why don’t you try it? I’m sure you’ll love it too.
- 2 cups glutinous rice(malagkit)
- 1/2 kg beef entrails, boiled and tenderized
- 1 liter rice washing
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 clove crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, sliced lengthwise
- salted fish sauce (patis) for seasoning
- cooking oil
- 1 tbsp saffron food color (optional)
- Heat enough cooking oilin the cauldron.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add crushed garlic, sliced onionsand ginger. Stir slightly until the sauted ingredients turn golden brown.
- Add tenderized beef entrails and stir ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the right amount of salted fish sauce. Continue stirring.
- Add glutinous rice. Continue stirring until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, pour one liter of rice washing carefully into the cauldron. Stir a little more.
- Reduce thea and cover the cauldron. Cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir. See if the rice has already risen and softened into porridge consistency. This is the basis for determining if the rice is already cooked.
- If rice is not fully cooked yet, cover the cauldron again and cook for another five minutes.
- Serve hot. Garnish the goto arrozcaldo with celery or fried garlic as toppings. Good for 8 servings.
You can try this Goto Recipe not only for your breakfast meals but also for your snack particularly in the cold season.
Next time, I will try cooking indian food. My hubby loves chicken curry so I have to learn to cook it.